Sunday, January 13, 2013

Canon DSLR 60fps Slow Motion Video Footage

A video I shot yesterday for the fun of it involves an air rifle, cans and bottles and a dslr filming at 60 frames per second, all of that equals a lot of fun. I have never tried slow motion before, so when my friends started shooting an air rifle in the garden, I decided to film the impacts of the air rifle pellets with my Canon 600D DSLR, at 60fps (frames per second) to capture the full explosions of the cans and bottles being shot. I then took the footage into Sony Vegas Movie Studio 9.0 and changed the playback rate to 24fps (frames per second), which resulted in the footage being in super slow motion, whilst being smooth at the same time.

I used my Canon 600D/T3i DSLR along with the EF-S 18-135mm f/3.5-5.6 kit zoom lens to film these video clips.



Below is the same footage, but played back at normal speed. The original footage really shows how slowed down the slow motion video is above -



If you enjoyed this video, please support me by liking my facebook page.

No comments:

Post a Comment